PComp, Week 13: Semaphore Jacket – Progress, Pt. 1

In the first part of the process, I started with basic breadboard components and circuitry that mimic my design then step-by-step swapped out components to those that I’d use in the prototype.

ITERATION 1:
I started off with doing the basic physical computing digital input/digital output lab. I hooked up two regular LEDs to the breadboard, along with a button.

ITERATION 2:
I switched out one of the regular LEDs for a Flora NeoPixel LED that I hooked up with alligator clips. I also switched out the button for a snap.

IMG_4727

 

ITERATION 3:
Then I switched out the uno for the Adafruit Gemma micro-controller. Disregarding much of what I’ve been told about new components, I just simply tried to run the code. Obviously this didn’t work. So then I dutifully did my research and went to the Adafruit website where there is a TON of very-thorough documentation.

Went through the process of installing the library and was able to get a snap to turn the onboard LED on the Gemma on and off.

 

ITERATION 4:
Hooked up a single neopixel to the gemma. Got it to turn on.

IMG_4740

Was also able to partially do the strand test, but then got this weird warning related to my USB and it shut off.

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 7.47.05 PM

(Visited 87 times, 1 visits today)

07. December 2015 by zoe.bachman.itp
Categories: PComp | Tags: , , , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *